Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_styles() expected to be a reference, value given in /hermes/walnaweb09a/b1935/moo.whiskeyconversationc/viking_muscle/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 600 Warning: Parameter 1 to wp_default_scripts() expected to be a reference, value given in /hermes/walnaweb09a/b1935/moo.whiskeyconversationc/viking_muscle/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 600
Winter Blues have you down? This High Protein Ceviche will hit the spot and warm you up. It’s easy, low on carbs and loaded with high quality protein.
Yields: 4 Cups
4 Scallops or 1/2 lb of white fish or shrimp
4 medium tomatoes
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup cilantro
1 bundle of shallots
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 chili powder
1. Hand squeeze 3-4 lemons and 3-4 limes into a container.
2. Add the uncooked scallops, white fish, or shrimp into the container.
3. Seal the container for 8+ hours in the fridge. The citric acid will denature the seafood.
4. In a food processor combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic clove, and shallots. Add cayenne pepper, ground pepper, salt, and chili powder to taste.
5. Pulse blend to start the chopping process. Then add the seafood and 1/2 of the citrus juice from the container.
6. Blend until chunky. If you’d like a thicker consistency use minimal citrus juice.
7. Chill in the fridge until ready to be served.
Optional: Add jalapeno, habanero, or hot sauce for a spicier kick
Makes 4 servings: Here’s your macro’s