Become a Viking Subscriber!
- Twitter feed loading
Everyone likes high carb pasta… but when does’t fit your macros, try this healthy Paleo Zucchini Spaghetti alternative instead.
Yields 2 Entrées
1 ½ lbs ground meat (chicken or turkey are preferred)
2 1/8 cup water
3 medium tomatoes
1/8 cup cilantro
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place meat in a skillet with 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning and 1/8 cup of water to help steam the meat (do not use oil).
2. Lightly brown for about 5-8 minutes.
3. In a food processor combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
4. Blend until you have a light to medium sauce consistency.
5. Preheat sauce in a pot on low heat.
6. Julienne the zucchini into strips, these will be your noodles.
7. Either steam or boil the noodles in 2 cups of water until they are soft.
8. Combine the meat and noodles. Top with the sauce.
Optional: The meatballs used in this photo are soy-mushroom meatballs to add more flavor.